Little Brave is the alias of Stephanie Macias, a musician, artist, photographer, and writer from Austin, TX. Born on the gulf of Texas, she spent her formative years becoming an artist of all trades. She received a degree in photography, paints and illustrates artwork for posters and album covers, and pens lyrics, poetry, and fiction. Little Brave performs as a one-woman-band, with a full band, and as a singer-songwriter. She has changed her style over the years, exploring different instrumental themes in music and creating albums that reflect her experimental style. Threading each album together is an honesty that is simultaneously strong and vulnerable. She is currently peddling her latest release, Myth Ology, a double disc EP with exceptional artwork and packaging.
"Little Brave's music exhibits some form of intensity that you don't hear all over the place... It's intense because it's so individual. It's so personal and it really seems to be coming from a place that people just don't let other people see all that often. It's emotional. It's naked... It's calling for blood...." - Daytrotter.com
* Spent 17 weeks on the Alternative Charts in Doha, Qatar including two weeks at #1.
* Artist of Ryan Spalding (of Ryan's Smashing Life) and Adam Duritz's (of The Counting Crows) SXSW Showcase The Outlaw Roadshow 2013
* Featured Artist on Band of the Day App.
* Featured Artist on Season 1 (2011 - 2012) of Troubadour, TX, a national television program dedicated to telling the story of songwriters and their path.
* Finalist of Formula Expo's Band of The Year 2012 Competition
* Sonicbids Artist of the Week August 1-7, 2011
* 2011 Best Regional Album & Show: "Dance, theater, lights, first-class sound (per Sams usual), and even confetti. It was a fitting tribute to one of the best break-up albums Ive ever heard." - Enrique Lopetegui, San Antonio's The Current
"Her confessional lyrics are backed by a mlange of piano, uke, and the occasional guitar shred, all bound by endearing touches of bitchiness." - Abby Johnston, AustinChronicle.com
"Briggs emotional intensity is unmatched. With amazing performance skills, a wide vocal range and unwavering honesty in her song lyrics, she goes to great lengths to develop and refine her art." - Laurie Gallardo, KUT.org
"With several releases under her own name, and one as Little Brave, Briggs contributions to the Austin music scene are substantial, but Say So is one of my favorite songs theyve ever recorded.... The track is pop gold." - Bryan Parker, PopPressInternational.com
"Where most artists would be content just to release an album as well done as her latest, Wound & Will, she went the extra mile several times over. It's not just an album, it's an entire musical. Not only that, but she produced it as a live show, replete with actors, dancers, fantastical costumes, a string section, theatrical lighting, and a full band. And she did that all at a bar where the rest of us mortal musicians normally set up an amp and go to work." - John Pointer, Origin Magazine Austin